Success in a rapidly changing business environment requires colleges & universities to seamlessly weave flexible ways of working into the fabric of the institution; into how work is structured, managed and accomplished. A flexible workplace is one that uses and is supportive of flexible work practices as a strategy to meet the dual agenda – the needs of both institutions and employees; in other words, a supportive, results-based culture..
The Flexible Workplace – A Guide For Staff in Colleges and University Settings is an e-course designed for employees in institutions of higher education to help them understand what flexible work arrangements are. The course will help employees explore which flexible work option might be a fit for them, set measurable performance goals, and keep their career on track. The course also guides staff in preparing their flexible work proposal and in addressing issues and challenges that may arise in a college & university setting. Potential Teleworkers will also learn ways to ensure success working remotely.
The e-Course contains the following topics:
- First steps to success
- The right person, the right job
- The Core Competencies
- Assessing your qualifications
- The flexible work options
- Making flexibility succeed
- Choosing the right option
- Setting goals for your flexible work arrangement
- Keeping your career on track
- Planning with your manager
- Preparing your proposal
- Issues to resolve together
- Dealing with challenges
- Working remotely
- Setting up your home office
- One teleworker's story
- Making remote work succeed
- Staying in touch with the office\
- Avoiding common pitfalls
Online e-courses may be hosted by your organization internally or by us on a specially customized site.
For more information and pricing, or to schedule a demo, please fill out the form below: